We had a great response to the Survey – Thank You!
The first part of our project was the Producer Survey. Our 32-question survey asked local food producers in our three areas of interest about their local food market participation, what they produced to sell, their challenges and motivations, and their farm characteristics.
- High response rate of 44%. We sent 282 surveys sent to producers in our three areas of interest, and 122 were completed and returned.
- Respondents ranged in age from 25 to 80, with an average age of 54. A third of respondents were 60 or older, while only 13% were younger than 40.
- Even numbers of women and men responded.
- Nearly 60% of respondents had an associate’s degree or higher, while another 20% had some college.
- Some respondents have been selling into their local market for almost 30 years while others have been participating for less than 2 years.
While we are still analyzing the data to try to identify trends and connections, we have very interesting descriptive data to share. Read the LFL Producer Summary here.